Babiators provided me with the information and product samples for this post, however all opinions are my own.
Is your family ready for summer? I’m super excited for the longer days and fun in the sun, but not so excited about what the sun can do to my daughter with its damaging rays. Although children’s eyes are more sensitive to the sun than adults, they actually receive 3X more sun exposure each year. Kids need real protection to keep their eyes safe from UV damage, and Babiators offer that protection.
Babiators is on a mission to protect kids’ eyes from the sun while they’re exploring the great outdoors.Children’s eyes are more susceptible to sun damage because they have larger pupils and clearer lenses, allowing more UV to penetrate and reach the back of the eyes. With Babiators, I love that I’m protecting my daughter’s eyes with a safe, durable, AND awesome product!
- Babiators have UV400 lenses that offer 100% UVA and UVB protection and undergo rigorous testing to ensure they’re safe for your child – whether they’re on your child’s face or end up in your child’s mouth.
- These baby sunglasses feature flexible rubber frames, and impact and shatter-resistant lenses that won’t break when you bend, twist, or step on them.
- Babiators are backed by the Lost & Found Guarantee™ – if you lose or break your shades in the first year, Babiators will replace them for free. All you pay is shipping.
Babiators are made of a soft material that is comfortable and lightweight. They are designed to fit kids’ faces and don’t pinch the temples or nose. They are available in two sizes:
- Junior Babiators sunglasses fit most babies 6 months to 3 years
- Classic Babiators sunglasses fit most children 3 to 7 years
From bright and bold colors to neutrals in both original and polarized lenses, there’s a cool option for every one of your kid’s outfits (because let’s be honest, my daughter has about 10x as many clothes as I do). I really enjoy the classic aviator sunglasses style – it pretty much guarantees that my daughter is the coolest kid on the playground.
For more information on sun safety for your eyes, check out The Vision Council’s UV Damage and Children Report and The Vision Council’s 2015 UV Protection Report and The Vision Council’s 2016 UV Protection Report.
You can help protect your little one’s eyes this summer too! Enter to win (1) pair of Babiators in the color black! Just comment below where your child will be wearing their cool new pair of Babiators. One winner will be randomly chosen. Giveaway ends June 25, 2016!