Who doesn’t love Rice Krispie treats, right? I’d say they’re probably one of the most favorite desserts out there for kids and adults alike! Why? Because they’re easy to make, and they’re super delicious! I took classic Rice Krispies treats and put a spin on them with my own mint Oreo Rice Krispie treats recipe.
These Rice Krispie treats are super easy to make – and fun too! I mean, you get to crush up a bunch of Oreos, what could be more fun than that? I have really fond memories of making Rice Krispie treats with my mom when I was little. And although this Rice Krispie treat recipe is a little different – kids will love it, and they’ll love helping out in the kitchen too.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 20 Oreos (about 2 “sleeves” or 2 cups when crushed up)
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Spray an 8″ x 8″ glass baking dish with cooking spray, set aside
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt stick of butter in microwave (generally takes about 1-2 minutes)
- Mix in mint extract with butter and add marshmallows
- Put marshmallow/butter mixture back into microwave and microwave until marshmallows are melted (about 2 minutes)
- Crush up mint Oreos
- Add mint Oreos and Rice Krispies cereal to butter/marshmallow mixture, and thoroughly combine
- Pour Rice Krispies/marshmallow mixture into baking dish and spread out evenly
- Let Rice Krispie treats cool and enjoy!
These Rice Krispie treats are great for any get-together (especially St. Patrick’s Day or maybe Earth Day because they’re “green.”) They’re also great to just throw together for a last-minute dessert. They literally take about 10 minutes to make, and everyone will love them! I think they were gone in about 2 days when I made them at my house!