Happy fall, ya’ll! Well okay, so the first day of fall 2014 is September 23. But I just couldn’t wait! Fall is my favorite season – there’s so much fun stuff to do. So much in fact, that I like to make a fall bucket list to remember everything that I want to do during this awesome season.
Note, I talked about this last time I made a fall bucket list, but I’ll say it again. I love Halloween, but I hate scary movies. I like scarecrows and pumpkin patches, but I don’t like straw mazes or hay rides (it’s an allergy thing). That being said, here is my fall bucket list for 2014. There is a link at the bottom to download it (personal use only, please!).
- Go Apple Picking – now this is a point of contention between my husband and I. I think apple picking is fun and nostalgic. He wants to know why we’re paying people to do something that other people get paid to do. So yeah, I’ll probably be going apple picking without him this year.
- Watch “Hocus Pocus” – this is absolutely one of my favorite Halloween movies. Sure, it’s kind of cheesy, but you really can’t beat Bette Midler in any movie, let alone one where she dresses up like a fabulous witch!
- Build a Scarecrow – if I have a chance to combine craft activities with my favorite holiday, I’m going to do it! (I’ll just leave the straw stuffing part to the hubs.)
- Make Apple Cider Donuts – I really like donuts, they’re probably my favorite treat. But I’ve never had apple cider donuts! So that’s going to change with this fall bucket list.
- Carve Pumpkins – again: crafty stuff + my favorite season = on the fall bucket list
- Drink Hot Chocolate – okay, so I know what you’re thinking. Hot chocolate is more of a winter thing. That being said, I gave up coffee when I got pregnant, so I can’t have a pumpkin spice latte (only, like, my favorite drink in the world). Hot chocolate is just as good for those crisp fall nights, however.
- Make a Spider Cake – what is a spider cake? It’s an awesome chocolate cake that looks like a spider. My mom used to make one every year for the cake walk at the local elementary school’s Halloween carnival. And I MUST carry on the tradition.
- Make Leaf Art – more craftiness in fall. ‘Nuff said.
- Roast Pumpkin Seeds – this pretty much goes hand in hand with carving pumpkins. This year I might just get crazy with the pumpkin seed seasoning though. Muah ha ha ha!
- Make Caramel Apples – this is another one of those things that is so stereotypically fall, yet I’ve never really done it. Caramel apple bar, here I come!
- Go to the Halloween Carnival – As I mentioned above, the elementary school in my hometown has a Halloween carnival every year to raise money for the local schools. There’s food, and games, and music, and a costume contest. I used to have such a blast going to it when I was little, and now it’s just as fun going to see all the adorable kids in their costumes. Plus it’s for a good cause!
- Dress Up in Silly Costumes – I must admit, this is probably my favorite part of Halloween. I’ve been known to start making my costume months in advance of the big day. This year I’ll be dressing up and I’ll be dressing up our three dogs too! Stay tuned for pictures.
View the whole 2014 fall bucket list below:
Download the 2014 fall bucket list here: