Diy Mardi Gras Centerpiece

Mardi-Gras-Craft

I don’t usually celebrate Mardi Gras, but I love the colors so much. Purple, of course, green and gold – you can’t beat that color combination! So I decided to make a cool Mardi Gras centerpiece out of masks and wine bottles.

If you’re ever interested in making some crafts with wine bottles, here’s my suggestion. The best way to take off the labels in one piece (in case you’re like me and like to save the labels) is to set your oven to 400 degrees and put the wine bottles inside for about 15 minutes. Then, carefully take the bottles out and you can pull the labels off with a pair of tweezers. To get off the sticky residue I spread peanut butter on the sticky parts and let it sit for about half an hour. Wash off all the peanut butter and you’re good to go. Freshly clean and sticky-free wine bottles.

Wine-Bottle-Crafts

Next, I spray painted the wine bottles silver and grabbed some acrylic paint in my three main colors – green, purple, and gold. I added water to the paint to make it a little runny, and then I dripped it down the sides. These bottles looked so cool, I almost just left them as is!

Crafts-with-wine-bottles

But, to make it a true Mardi Gras craft, I really felt that it needed beads, some masks, and the classic fleur de lis. I painted three sticks the coordinating colors and also painted three little wooden fleur de lis the same colors.I glued beads to the tops of the bottles and glued the fleur de lis to the bottles too. For the masks, I glued some big crown beads to the top and beads on the sides. I put the masks on the sticks and then stuck them inside the bottles. And voila! Your very own DIY Mardi Gras centerpiece.

Mardi-Gras-Craft

14 Comments on Diy Mardi Gras Centerpiece

1. Christina
    February 12, 2013 at 5:42 am (2 years ago)

This is so clever! My Mom’s hosting a Mardis gras party- wish I seen this earlier!

2. Raquel @ Organized Island
    February 14, 2013 at 3:00 pm (2 years ago)

Oh these are so cute! Going to pin these for next year as we usually have a party! Found you on the PPP!

3. Danni@SiloHillFarm
    February 14, 2013 at 3:40 pm (2 years ago)

Those are fabulous! Thank you for the label tip too! I had never heard that one before!

4. Barb
    February 14, 2013 at 9:29 pm (2 years ago)

Just dropping by from the Answer is Chocolate. Love the way the dripped paint looks, that is just so cool, and thanks for all the tips on removing the labels from wine bottles too!

5. maria l rios
    February 16, 2013 at 7:34 pm (2 years ago)

These bottles are really cute. Love the colors….. Thanks for sharing.

6. Katherines Corner
    February 18, 2013 at 6:01 am (2 years ago)

love this so much, bright, vibrant fabulous! Sorry I’m late getting here…thank you for adding your wonderful blog to the Thursday Favorite Things hop. xo

7. Kathy Moody
    February 20, 2013 at 10:56 am (2 years ago)

So cute!! I love them. I’m working on some mini bottles right now. I love yours. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. So thrilled to have you share with us. Hope you are having a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathy

8. Tonia@thegunnysack
    February 22, 2013 at 1:36 pm (2 years ago)

Those bottles are really cool! I think my daughter would love some for her room.

9. Dawn @ Pin-n-Tell
    March 3, 2014 at 1:54 pm (6 months ago)

So clever, and simple too! I think I can even pull this off ;) Thank you for inspiration and such a great idea for a Mardi Gras centerpiece!

• Dawn @ Pin-n-Tell
      March 3, 2014 at 1:57 pm (6 months ago)

p.s. We hope to see your creations again at our Friday #PinUP Pin Parties ;)

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Diy Mardi Gras Centerpiece

1. [...] in some purple paint and some gold paint as well – both of which I had left over from my Mardi Gras craft. I like the finished product so much better, and I think this is definitely a step in the right [...]